ABOUT THE ADVISORY COMMITTEE
The National AI Initiative Act of 2020 calls for the Secretary of Commerce, in consultation with the Director of the Office of Science and Technology Policy, the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary of Energy, the Secretary of State, the Attorney General, and the Director of National Intelligence, to establish the National Artificial Intelligence Advisory Committee (NAIAC). The NAIAC is tasked with advising the President and the National AI Initiative Office on topics related to the National AI Initiative. This Advisory Committee was launched in April 2022.
Congress has directed the NAIAC to provide recommendations on topics including the current state of U.S. AI competitiveness; progress in implementing the Initiative; the state of science around AI; issues related to AI workforce; how to leverage Initiative resources; the need to update the Initiative; the balance of activities and funding across the Initiative; the adequacy of the National AI R&D strategic plan; management, coordination, and activities of the Initiative; adequacy of addressing societal issues; opportunities for international cooperation; issues related to accountability and legal rights; and how AI can enhance opportunities for diverse geographic regions.
SUBCOMMITTEE ON AI AND LAW ENFORCEMENT (NAIAC-LE)
- National Artificial Intelligence Advisory Committee Year 1 Report, NAIAC. May 2023.
ADVISORY COMMITTEE CHARTER
- Meeting #1: May 4, 2022, from 1:00-3:00PM EDT. For more information, refer to Federal Register Notice 87 FR 23168.
- Meeting #2: October 12, 2022, from 9:00AM to 4:30PM and Thursday, October 13, 2022, from 9:30AM to 12:30PM PDT. For more information, refer to Federal Register Notice 87 FR 58312.
- Minutes (Draft)
- Video Recordings
- Public Comments
- Meeting #3: February 10, 2023, from 11:00AM to 3:00PM ET. For more information, refer to Federal Register Notice 88 FR 1053.
- Minutes (Draft)
- Video Recording
- Meeting #4: April 25, 2023, from 10:00AM to 1:00PM ET. For more information, refer to Federal Register Notice 88 FR 18122.